Scout Programs at METC
METC is currently offering in-person scout programs either outside on the Museum’s lawn (weather-permitting) or in the METC Education Annex, a large open space allowing scouts to be socially distanced throughout the program. The safety of participating scouts, chaperones and staff is our top priority. Please see the link below for our COVID-19 Youth Program Policies. Please reach out to the METC Education Department at email@example.com or 973-377-2982 ext. 12 with questions or to book a program.
The museum staff has developed a number of programs for cub scouts and girl scouts that fulfill all or part of different badges. These hands-on programs take advantage of our collection and offer a historical perspective on the history, art, science and citizenship aspects of scouting. These programs can be scheduled year-round and can be adapted for your troop’s needs. The links below lead to the program offerings for each rank.
Girls Scout Programs at METC
Cub Scout Programs at METC
$10 per scout (minimum of 10 scouts/$100), no charge for leaders/chaperones
Planning Your Program
- Programs are approximately 1 1/2 hours in length.
- Programs are available Tuesday through Friday (Mondays or Weekends available on a limited basis)
- Scout Leaders and chaperones must remain with their children during the sessions.
- One adult for every 10 children is recommended.
- If you plan to let your scouts visit our Museum shop, please confirm when making your reservation.
- The Museum will make every effort to reschedule programs canceled due to inclement weather.
- A deposit of 50% of the total program cost is required to secure your reservation.
- No refunds will be made for programs canceled less than 2 weeks prior to the confirmed date.
- Final confirmation of the number of participants must be made 5 days in advance.
Call our Education Department at 973-377-2982, ext. 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a program.