Hours, Parking, & Directions
Plan Your Visit
The Museum is located at 9 Main Street (NJ Route 124 at Green Village Road) in the heart of Madison, NJ, about 28 miles west of New York City. We are easily reached from exit 35 of Interstate 287, or exit 7 of New Jersey Route 24. (Two blocks west of the Madison train station on the New Jersey Transit Morris and Essex Line.)
The Education Annex is located across the street from the Museum at 23 Main St, Madison NJ.
Masks are recommended for all visitors ages 2 and up. If you have a fever or are experiencing upper respiratory symptoms please refrain from visiting the museum. Disposable masks are available upon request.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday- 12 pm – 5 pm
- Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday– 10 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday– 10 am – 4 pm
- Thursday– 10 am – 4 pm
- Friday– 10 am – 4 pm
- Saturday– 10 am – 4 pm
METC is closed on the following major holidays: Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day. The museum is closed on Sundays in July & August.
- Adults – $5
- Students, Children and Adults 62+ – $3
- METC Members & Children under 6 – FREE
- Family Maximum Rate – $15.00
- Blue Star Museum Program: Active duty military personnel and families free
METC is part of the below programs that give you free admission to the museum. Blue Star Museums, Museums for All, and the Families First program admit in one immediate family. NARM benefits admit up to two adults.
- The Museum is accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Call 973-377-2982 (Ext. 10) if reasonable accommodations are required.
- METC offers an accessible entrance to the museum and an elevator for access to all exhibit galleries.
Public parking lots are located behind the shops on both sides of Main Street. On-street parking is available on Kings Road and Green Village Road.
Map & Directions
From the Garden State Parkway, NJ Turnpike, or Newark Airport:
- Take Interstate 78 West (Local) to New Jersey Route 24 West.
- Take the exit for Chatham. (Landmark: the Short Hills Mall)
- Loop under expressway and onto New Jersey Route 124 West which becomes Main Street in Chatham.
- Follow Main Street through Chatham and into Madison.
- Go to the Green Village Road intersection, one block past the town clock.
- The Museum will be on your left, the stone building with a clock tower.
From Interstate 287:
- Take Exit 35 to Morristown. The Exit Sign reads:
- Northbound: South Street — Route 124/Old Route 24.
- Southbound: Madison Avenue — Route 124/Old Route 24.
- Follow signs for NJ Route 124 East (Madison Avenue) and continue into Madison (approximately 3 miles)
- Madison Avenue becomes Main Street as you go under the railroad bridge.
- Just past the RR bridge, the Museum is at the Green Village Road intersection.
- The Museum will be on your right, the stone building with a clock tower.